[Healeys] Refinish steering wheel

Chris Scholz drscholz at visioncenterpc.com
Thu Dec 31 09:48:27 MST 2015

I am finishing restoration of my BN4. Any ideas on how to improve the looks of my wooden steering wheel?  The wood is in very good shape. I would like to lighten it up some, but am nervous to start sanding it since the metal rivets would be more exposed. Any idea what kind of wood they used?  Are these maple?  I know they are not original. I see the original wheels were black plastic.