[Healeys] Steering box leak

Tom Felts tomfelts at windstream.net
Wed Dec 30 07:25:38 MST 2015

Sorry for confusion.  I guess I was relating to the BJ8 box where all you do is unscrew the filler plug.

---- Simon Lachlan <simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk> wrote:

Not sure you understood my email.
You have to pull the rod into the car in order to access the back of the trafficator. You don't have to pull all the tube out, just enough to enable one to unscrew the three BA screws that hold on the trafficator's back plate. However, in order to pull that much stator tube into the car, one has to undo the brass nut at the steering box. Once that is done, the oil comes out.
It's a solution to this quandary that I seek.