[Healeys] Steering question

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Tue Dec 29 01:33:13 MST 2015

Although toe out/in plays a role in this road behaviour, it is fairly
limited. In most of the cars I have had, I preferred a zero to a slight
toe out with negative camber and zero to slight toe in with positive
camber. Castor and camber however are more important but usually limited
in adjusting if adjustable at all. If possible adjust to slight negative
camber. Make sure left and right readings are the same.
Also the alignment and tightness of the rear axle suspension should not
be overlooked and last but certainly not least even tire pressures and
tire condition have a major influence.
So check your tires and their pressures, tighten up all the nuts and
bolts, check all bushes and joints and have the complete 4-wheel
alignment checked if the problem still persists.
Kees Oudesluijs