[Healeys] Steering question

Andy Thorp bce257 at yahoo.co.nz
Mon Dec 28 12:58:57 MST 2015

Hi Michael,

Having the wheels toe-out a little will do this and it is easy to check.

You'll need two dead straight poles about eight feet long each and some cable ties. Roll the car forwards on a flat surface until you know the wheels are settled then cable tie the poles to the wheel spokes so they touch the tire sidewalls and point forwards in front of the car under the valence. The poles should angle towards each other 1/8" for every two ft length or so if the alignment is ok. If they are angled outwards then you can wind the adjustment rod in a little.

Check the tightness of your front shock mounts too as any change in geometry there will change the toe.

Andy.