[Healeys] BJ8 Rear Seat Pans

George Haywood ghaywood at ec.rr.com
Sun Dec 27 19:47:18 MST 2015

Hi Bob,

Well sorry to tell you but there are four studs welded to the bottom of each seat pan that penetrate down through the rear seat deck and four nuts securing them in place.  The only access to remove the nuts is from underneath the car which to me is harder to get to than just pulling the right rear wheel and exposing the fuel pump for service.  I have seen some bj8's with chrome screws going down through the upholstered seat pans into the deck for easier access from above.  It just depends on what you like.  I think the bj7's and earlier cars have the screws for removal of the pans but I'm not 100% sure of that.

Hope this helps,

George Haywood
'65 bj8