[Healeys] SAE 140 Use In Differential To Reduce Noise?

Simon Lachlan simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk
Wed Dec 23 13:06:36 MST 2015

I don't know where you are. However, wherever you are, you may well find
someone fairly local who can take the whine out of your diff. by adjusting
it properly. The BMC manual explains exactly how to do it, but it's all
fairly hard to understand and, I suggest, virtually impossible without the
right tools as shown in said manual. I had mine done when I switched diff
ratios. It was a quick job and not at all expensive.
I'd suggest that, while your whine may never get any worse, trying to cure
it with "bottled miracles" will be a hopeless endeavour and may even make
things go from bad to worse.
Happy Christmas!
Simon