[Healeys] Was the BN4 Ever Delivered New with 4 Wheel Disc Brakes

Graeme Molony molony at dodo.com.au
Wed Dec 16 18:27:08 MST 2015

Good morning guys

I want to throw a cat amongst the pigeons for your consideration/advice.

Up until yesterday I believed that the only Healey’s to ever come out with disk brakes prior to there introduction on
the 3000 MK 1 was on the 100S model and possibly a few Specials

Trawling the net yesterday to see if I could find the contact details for a Healey guy I came across a posting buy
Joe Jarrick the 100 S guru who lives here in Aust.that indicates that there were a least 40 late 1957 BN 4’s maybe
even 50 that were produced at either Warwick or maybe Longbridge that were equipped with 4 Wheel  Disk Brakes
prior to leaving the factory. It also appears that a conversion kit was available from the dealers at the time

A quick look through  a number of the usual reference books that I have including Geoff Healey’s and Bill Emerson’s
books and Roger Moments Restoration Guide makes no reference to there ever being a 100/4 with disk brakes as
standard equipment

What say you, does anyone know anything about this claim and maybe there are a few more secrets out there we
don’t know about

The web site in question including some photo’s of several supposedly original disk braked cars is as follows

www;healeysix.net/DiscBrakes.htm

Look forward to your comments

Graeme M
BJ8