[Healeys] Non-Healey (but still relevant!) - Fuel tank cleaning

mike brooks hypercubic at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 19 07:58:44 MDT 2015

I've just acquired a stablemate for the 100 - it's a 1953 Bristol 403 that has been languishing under a tarpaulin in a neighbour's garden after being evicted from his mother-in-law's garage.I couldn't bear to see it deteriorate further so I now have a real project on my hands. My question concerns advice on the best method to clean stuck and loose petrol solids from
the tank which is aluminium. It is not leaking. I guess there will be several list members who have
experience and can advise. Thanks in advance
Mike Brooks'56 BN2'53 Bristol 403 Reply to: mike.brooks at alumni.warwick.ac.uk