[Healeys] What Is Up With Me Not Being Able To Communicate With This List?

George Haywood haywoodone at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 11 14:11:45 MDT 2015

I have unsubscribed from the list using my Hotmail account.  I have subscribed to the list with a Road Runner email server and received a confirmation note which I returned as requested on Saturday.  I have selected a password for the new subscription.  Still I get no communication with the list.

Today I signed in with my new email address (Road Runner) and password and received an error notice stating the email (user name) account was not found.  So I signed in with my old Hotmail address and password and was allowed to enter the site.  When I went to the list of subscriber names I found only my old unsubscribed name there and not my newly subscribed name that I had received a confirmation email about.

Can someone please tell me what's going on here or is there that much of a lag time to subscribe or unsubscribe, change an email address or password.  I realize that the list server was hacked and there are bigger fish to fry for Mark but I just need to know what else I can do to resume normal function on my end.  If I just need to wait and be patient I can do that, I just want to know what to do.  The list has been so GREAT since I subscribed in 2005 until just recently and for some reason it has been a real nightmare for Mark I think and frustrating for some of us.

I hope this is not a sign of things to come in the future of the computer/digital age.  I mean now Time Warner Cable wants to require me to rent a digital adapter to watch digital broadcasts on a digital TV that can already receive digital high resolution 1080p signals.  What's the since in having cable ready high def. TVs if you have to have an adapter to use them--Geees!!!

George Haywood '65 bj8