[Healeys] Toe In

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Mon Aug 10 01:21:35 MDT 2015

Within limits it is not that critical but treat the specification as a
maximum toe in to fend of uneven tyre wear. It also depends on the rest
of the suspension set up, tyres, tyre pressure and use of the car.
For the standard set up, cross ply tyres and just some leisurely touring
around you would want something very near the specified toe in. For
radial tyres with a bit higher tyre pressure, a bit less toe in to zero.
If you have a negative camber set up, stiffer springs, anti roll bars
and doing some serious fast driving, zero to a bit toe out is often
used. This will take some experimenting, what suits you best.
Do not do this yourself but have it done at a reputable service station
that preferably has some experience in motor sport and has the proper
equipment to perform 4-wheel aligning. This way slight imperfections in
the chassis and suspension can be compensated for.
Kees Oudesluijs