[Healeys] Ignition Circuit problem

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Tue Aug 4 15:55:31 MDT 2015

Didn't see any answers to this, so I'll give it a go.

The ignition circuit only needs 12V (and a ground, of course, usually
through the points and the plugs).  Open circuits should have no effect
but, conversely, if there is too much current draw elsewhere it could
pull the voltage down to where you might have some ignition problems.

The only current going to the coil would pass through your points (or
electronic ignition if you have one).  If your points are open there
will be no current to the coil, and if they're closed for a significant
time--a few minutes perhaps--your coil will overheat.

Bob