[Healeys] Approx gap between inner front fender and edge of front wheel tub just above rubber buffer

drmasucci at comcast.net drmasucci at comcast.net
Mon Aug 3 18:31:09 MDT 2015

Hi All,

I am installing Kilmartin lower patch panels on both front fenders of my BJ8. After completing the tack welds of the panels, I temporarily fitted the fenders to check fit.

The gap between the inner surface of the front fender and the edge of the front wheel tub seems wider than I remember. I have no rubber buffer in place right now. Would anyone have an idea or be able to take a rough measure of the distance just using a 6" scale?

I also note that the rear edge of the front fender is sticking out beyond the rocker and beyond the door by about 1/8th inch. It appears that the lower horizontal section of the patch panel needs to be about 1/8 inch shorter near the rocker, and maybe 3/16 or a tad more shorter up front. The original right front fender (before I cut the bottom off) was still intact enough that I can measure the horizontal section. And the Kilmartin's horizontal section is longer by about the numbers I mentioned.

I hope I was able to explain this clearly enough. Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks,
Dave

64 BJ8
72 XJ6