[Healeys] Carmine Red vs Reno red

Randy Hicks healey100m at me.com
Sat Apr 11 06:30:38 MDT 2015

From the 2015 Concours Guidelines:

" "Carmine Red", RD.13, is a medium red with little orange, and was used on the BN1 and early BN2s. The darker "Reno Red", RD.14, was introduced starting in Dec 1955 60. "Colorado Red" RD2 was introduced with the 100-6 and was noticeably orange next to the previous Carmine Red. With the 3000 introduction, Colorado Red became darker, and with BJ7 introduction became darker still and was merged with "Signal Red" but retained the RD2 code.”

Reno Red was introduced in 12/55 and continued through BN2 production.

The Guidelines are an amazing document and whatever you interest, it is well worth the price.

Randy