[Healeys] First drive

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Thu Sep 25 01:57:55 MDT 2014

With a newly build up transmission you often have an intial clutch drag
as the friction plate is a bit fibrous and the spring plate has to
settle down yet. After a few hundred miles the spring plate settles down
and the friction material wears smooth which eliminates the drag.
Do not blip the throttle when selecting first or reverse and select
second gear shortly before selecting reverse.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL