[Healeys] oil pressure problem

Len and/or Marge Hartnett thehartnetts at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 11 22:34:49 MDT 2014

HMJ:  My search for the cause of low oil pressure ended up at the top of my
engine.  I removed the valve cover to see if I was getting excess oil at the
rockers.  What I discovered was that the washer under the banjo fitting at
the oil tube from the head to the rocker arm was split and passing a large
flow of oil.  I replaced the washer and gained oil pressure.  I am currently
getting about about 60 psi cold, 45 psi at 180 degrees engine temp cruising
at 70 mph on the Interstate (oops!  I mean 65 mph, officer  ;-)  ).

(The Other) Len
Fairfield, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031