[Healeys] Dwell angle for standard BN1 100/4

David Porter frogeye at porterscustom.com
Thu Oct 23 18:15:45 MDT 2014

...what I posted is the cam angle.. This can vary a bit depending on
what cam is fitted.. If Healey (for instance) used a "high lift cam"
then the dwell would be closer to 60 degrees.
  Since the cam is what ever is fitted, then one must set the gap. The
wider the gap, the less the dwell and vice versa..
  As a rule I tend to set the gap on the wide side to compensate for
worn cams and/or bushings.. The number I posted is from the Lucas book..
dave
... on the other hand, using an old fashioned dwell meter, the number that c
comes to mind is in the 52 neighborhood.. but haven't used one for years..

--
Dave Porter Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM
87107 505-352-1378 Go HERE: my world www.porterbikes.com/