[Healeys] Stubborn bolts/nuts

rkeysor rkeysor at bellsouth.net
Sun Oct 19 08:47:45 MDT 2014

I have never done the task at hand but will report a study that came from a publication called something like Machinist's Monthly in which a combination of equal amounts of ATF and acetone proved superior to Croil and other dedicated rust-breaker liquids.  Croil has long been used to help free rifle barrels from gun receivers, those things generally being really torqued when they were installed.  There are countless old military rifles that pose a removal challenge. I now keep a small bottle of the ATF/acetone mix, though I haven't tackled anything very challenging using the mix. My Croil now sits on the shelf.  I can provide a reference to the study if anyone requests it.