[Healeys] Odd misfire problem Cooper S

SKIP SAUNDERS tfsbj7 at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 17 07:42:21 MDT 2014

Your original post said:  #2 plug was wet.  Given all the fuel/compression
related checks, it would appear that only electrics remain.   Something is
preventing the plug from getting spark ... where there is spark, there is
fire (given fuel ... i.e. plug wet, and given compression ... i.e. valves
etc. ok).  All these mechanical things can't have intermittent properties...
only electrics are prone to intermittents:  Hence it must be electrical.

Must be a computer somewhere that does an "eco thing" and shuts down spark
on #2 for some reason?   Or, rethink the wiring integrity.... lastly, since
it appears to always be #2 cylinder, the issue has to be somewhere between
the distributor and the plug.  Perhaps there is a mysterious cam wobble that
makes the #2 wire from the cap have an unreliable connection?