[Healeys] Aluminum Radiator

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Thu Oct 16 06:57:26 MDT 2014

It doesn't boil, just goes to 212 then gradually cools.  Yes, with a 7psi cap boiling would be a few degrees higher
(forget the exact formula).  Also, doesn't always go to 212, only when it's a warm day and the engine is running nominal
temp (180) or better.

This seems intuitively correct, but I can't explain it.  It seems the 'latent heat' will increase the temps, but only to
a point (no additional heat is added since combustion has ceased).  Any thermodynamicists out there who can explain this?

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net