[Healeys] 1959 100-6 front disc brake conversion

Chris Scholz drscholz at visioncenterpc.com
Fri Nov 28 19:07:01 MST 2014

I am wondering if I can keep the stock Healey axle and install a 3.54 gear and
a limited slip diff?  I want it to be a low rpm cruiser at 60mph. The
aftermarket rear ends would put the driveshaft at a very odd angle and it will
be expensive to attach my splined hubs to the non-stock rear end. The car will
have an all aluminum LS V8 (300hp) with 4speed automatic overdrive so it will
be easier on the rear end vs a stick. With skinny tires and an estimated 2100
lb curb weight, I can't imagine that there would be much stress on the rear
end.  Has anyone else rebuilt their stock rear with taller gears and limited
slip?

Sent from my iPhone
Chris Scholz OD

> On Nov 28, 2014, at 5:47 PM, "healeyguy at aol.com" <healeyguy at aol.com> wrote:
>
> Chris
> I ran a modified 100 several years ago with a 9 inch Ford. It is a very
heavy unit and I would recommend, if you have not already spent your money, is
to go with a lighter 8 inch unit. They are strong enough and in most cases the
pinion is a bit higher.
> Aloha
> Perry
>
> Chris Scholz
>
> I am replacing the rear end with a ford 9" built for my splined hubs/wire
wheels