[Healeys] 1959 100-6 front disc brake conversion

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 08:35:47 MST 2014

With all due respect, that is complete and utter bullshit.
More braking capacity on the rear wheels? On the road healey??
That's a death wish.
Blind Freddy knows the weight under braking is all at the front.
Call me gobsmacked.
Peter. Your car is a death trap.
"Greater braking was applied to the driven wheels"
No. Greater braking is ALWAYS applied to the loaded wheels!! I.e. Front
wheels!!
Show me a production, high performance, front engined, rear wheel drive road
car: which has more than 51% or braking effort applied to the rear wheels, and
I'll eat it. Otherwise, well.....
On a purpose built rally car - possibly. But more rear brake capacity than
front? On a road car?
Swapping ends is never really fun.
Seriously??
Is it April Fools?? Where is the camera??
More braking capacity on the rear of a road car??
I'll put a bunch of local kids on push bikes who will out brake your Healey at
any speed.

Sent from my iPhone