[Healeys] Saigon Healey

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 23:52:51 MST 2014

I worked there in the mid 90s and the whole place was a snapshot in time of
60s and early 70s cars.  There was one MGA in town at the time, and a few
minis.  All quite rough but metalwork is cheap to be had so if you got past
the Frankencut and weld, rust wasn't a problem.  I suspect the MGA was
hidden in a barn somewhere until it was safe to take it out again.  Lots of
lambrettas, and the like, I used to waterski on the river there being towed
by a James Bond type 70s power boat.  I actually broke my oz friend's water
ski when I hit a floating palm tree... Not too safe!