[Healeys] Front Shock Rubber Bumpers

Roger Grace roggrace at telus.net
Mon Nov 3 10:20:01 MST 2014

Am in the process of replacing the front shocks on my BJ8.
A problem that have encountered is that the Moss rubber bumpers do not fit
properly and need to be forced against the shock housing; this would distort
the rubber; am on the point of cutting 1/2 inch off. I also note that the peak
of the cone does not really coincide with the ear on the shock either.
A few calls to suppliers is that this is a known problem and this is the only
replacement available.
Another option would be to install them with just one bolt.
Any ideas thoughts/ideas ..  ??
rg