[Healeys] choke return springs

I Erbs eyera3 at gmail.com
Wed May 21 09:23:08 MDT 2014

I found this on John Sims' site and was wondering if anyone has tride this
and to what success? I spent last night hooking up the HD8 style choke
cables on my BT7 and see that a return spring would be handy:
Thanks Ed
Choke Return Springs for a BJ8

"It seems many dealers fitted choke return springs on the HD8 Carbs as
needed.
Ed Kaler of justbrits.com offers this unique idea.

 I have always used 3 ball point pen springs slid over the choke cables and
captured between the cable bracket and the pin that goes
through the choke lever. This is very hard to see and doesn't require any
drilling,
bending or whatever to the car. And, by George it sure
works... "

 Ed

Ira Erbs
IT Teacher
and Consultant
Portland, OR

bMoney may not buy happiness, but I'd rather cry in a Jaguar than on a
bus.b
b FranC'oise
Sagan<https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1357577.Fran_oise_Sagan>