[Healeys] BJ8 Plugs

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Tue May 20 16:31:15 MDT 2014

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings Price but if you have been working on
the brakes the likelihood that the servo is the source of the problem is
fairly high.
New brake fluid is more tends to have superior 'penetrating" properties
than old stuff and will often cause seal leakage when added to an older
system.
When you add new fluid, after the master cylinder, the firs component that
the new fluid reaches is the brake servo and it makes its way past the
seals, into the servo chest and then up to the manifold.
To check undo the lower screws of the chest of the servo unit and carefully
pry the lid away from the chest. If the servo seals are leaking brake fluid
will run out.

Michael S
BN1 #174