[Healeys] Front hub nut on BN2 (UNC thread)

mike brooks hypercubic at yahoo.co.uk
Fri May 9 12:11:56 MDT 2014

Hi all,

I'm in the middle of doing a full check and service on my 100 BN2 in
preparation for a trip from Scotland to Val d'Aosta in Italy in July.
Everything was going fine until I found a slight play in the nearside front
hub. OK I thought - the BN2 has the later taper roller bearings, so all I need
to do is to remove the split pin and tighten up the hub nut. I got the split
pin out Ok, but unfortunately, none of my sockets all the way up to 1 1/2"
will fit on the hub nut. I think it is somewhere between 1 1/8" and 1 1/4" but
I would really be grateful if someone knows the correct size socket I need.
Thanks in advance

Mike Brooks
'56 BN2
Aberdeenshire