[Healeys] Seats

Robert F. Begani rfbegani at speakeasy.net
Mon Mar 24 12:59:08 MDT 2014

The new holes in the floor pan work to give you little more room and is the
easiest to do immediately.   The problem is twofold.  The holes can only go
back until you have the frame member in the way.  Any  further you will hit
the convertible top well which sticks out on the side of the back panel so
adding an extension rail will not get you anymore room.  Never the less the
extra length gave me enough room to stretch my legs on a long drive. The
idea of tilting the seat backwards by shimming the front might help the
problem of sitting up straight in a Healey causing all of us lower back
pain.   I just looked at my seat and creating an inch of rake to the back
seat could help.  I suggest a small pillow behind the small of the back
helps with lumbar support.

Bob Begani
BJ8 Punta Gorda Florida