[Healeys] Side Shift Lever Bush

Mike Tobin ahbt71 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 13:03:36 MDT 2014

Dismantled the side shiftier today (many thanks to Magnus for his video)
and was dismayed to find two chunks of bronze loose in the box.  Turns out
they''re the two halves of the shift lever bush.  The parts manual
indicates they should have been secured to the ball at the end if the lever
with a circlip.  Said circlip is nowhere to be found and the parts book
doesn't show any detail.  Is this just a standard hardware part, or some
weird Brit thingie?

I think I  now see why the shift lever always kinda flopped around. I've
never driven another one so I don't how they're supposed to be.

The synchros are worn, of course, but the gears are all fine.

Thanks and Cheers,
Mike Tobin
Pepperelll, MA