[Healeys] Water Pump - Continued

ATIGHTPROD at aol.com ATIGHTPROD at aol.com
Fri Mar 21 16:40:33 MDT 2014

First off, thank you to everyone on this list for all of the information
passed along to me about my possible water pump problem. Turns out, it wasn't
 the water pump at all, it was the Aluminum Blanking Plate on the front of
the engine. After doing a thorough inspection, I wasn't sure if it was the
pump  or a head gasket, I couldn't really tell where the leak was coming
from.
    So I called up Russ Thompson and he said to bring  it over to his shop
and we'll test it with a pressure tester. And  with Russ' help, it's all
fixed! And the coolest part? Instead of having to  order a new Blanking Plate,
Russ made me one out of some aluminum he had in his  shop! Works like a
charm, doesn't leak anymore and my car is actually running a  bit cooler than
before for some reason.
    Just goes to show what can happen when you take  your car to someone
with the right equipment, knowledge and patience. So a big  thanks to Russ and
this group for helping to keep my BN1 on the road and  happy!
Steven Kingsbury
BN1 #598