[Healeys] Why carry spares

warthodson at aol.com warthodson at aol.com
Wed Mar 19 08:35:18 MDT 2014

Plumbing two SU's in parallel is not too difficult. Holden & presumably other
suppliers offer banjo fittings with double connections designed for either
treaded connections or straight tubing for rubber hose & clamp connections. If
anyone wants a photo of two SU's plumbed in parallel contact me off list & I
will send you one.
Gary Hodson

From: BJ8Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com

Mitch, I chose to plumb my two pumps in series for simplicity of the
connections.  Ibve had it that way for 12 years and 50,000 miles and it
works just fine.  Although I have one SU and one generic pump, two SU pumps
should work just fine.   The generic pump allows plumbing in with just rubber
hoses and clamps.  The second SU might require dealing with the second set of
banjo fittings and a more complicated mounting arrangement.

Ibve attached an article I wrote about my system in Healey Marque, which
includes the electrical and plumbing diagrams.

Steve Byers