[Healeys] ethanol

healeymanjim at hansencc.net healeymanjim at hansencc.net
Fri Mar 14 20:57:07 MDT 2014

my biggest problem with ethanol is that when i drive somewhere on one of our very hot days, park for about 10-15 minutes the ethanol boils out of the gas because of the heat under the hood.  when i start up again i make sure i do not have to go out into traffic until fresh gas has been pumped up the the carbs, because it will miss real bad and die sometimes while i am trying to get out into traffic.  scared the s--- out of me a few times until i figured out what was going on.  you can hear the gas bubbling in the float bowls and see it if you remove the tops of the bowls.