[Healeys] No more solid state Regulators

Mike MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Sun Mar 9 09:09:39 MDT 2014

I have a solid state regulator from Bob Jeffers for my BN2 restoration project that I had him build for me 3 or 4 years ago. I also had him make one for my Bugeye. The one on the Bugeye works perfectly. I remember him telling me that it would not let electricity flow back into the generator heating it up like the original relay type does. He also asked me what generator I was using for each regulator he built. There is no one size fits all. B I'm glad I had the one made up in advance for my BN2. If I remember correctly it costs $80 for the conversion if you send him a relay type 106 box.
Mike MacLean
56 BN2
60 AN5