[Healeys] Fwd: Memorial Service for Doug Reid - March 29th

Bob Haskell rchaskell at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 6 04:16:46 MST 2014

 From Doug's brother:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Memorial Service for Doug Reid - March 29th
Date: 	Wed, 05 Mar 2014 21:03:38 -0500
From: 	Rick Reid <RickReidVA at Verizon.Net>

Folks,

I have scheduled a memorial service for Doug at 2:00 PM on March 29th to
be held at the Stauffer Funeral Home in Frederick Maryland (1621
Opossumtown Pike).  We will have a short service followed by a reception
where people can snack and reminisce.  Ibm looking forward to
meeting Dougbs friends and hearing any new stories about him.  Ibve
already heard from a few people who said they would like to speak at the
service, and if anyone else wants to be on the agenda please let me know
soon.

Please reply to this e-mail to let me know if you plan to attend the
memorial service and how many people you will bring.  Ibd like to get a
reasonable estimate of the number of attendees so that we can have the
right amount of food on hand for the reception.  Feel free to pass this
message on to others who knew Doug but are not on this distribution list.

Having a mid-afternoon service should make it easier for people driving
long distances to travel to and from in the same day.  If you are
travelling a really long distance and would like hotel recommendations
just let me know.  Given the way winter has dragged on here Ibm hoping
we will have some spring-like weather by the end of March to make it
easier for people to attend.

See you then,

Rick Reid
540-822-4312 (Home)
540-454-7526 Cell)
RickReidVA at Verizon.Net <mailto:RickReidVA at Verizon.Net>

PS: If anyone knows someone named James Harris who lived in the
Baltimore area in the mid-70bs please let me know.  He may be interested
to have something I found in Dougbs apartment.  There are multiple
people named James Harris in the Baltimore area now, and Ibm not even
sure the one Ibm looking for still lives in that area.