[Healeys] Oil Pump

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 16:02:40 MST 2014

Jonas -

The rotary vane is superior for a normal use vehicle, and is far less prone
to wear than the gear pump.  Low pressure is likely caused by a worn relief
valve spring or crud around where the pig sits in the block.  My guess is
replace the spring.  Even if worn, the oil pump will still produce
sufficient pressure, it just will take a tiny bit longer build up head in
the system.

Alan