[Healeys] Oil Pump

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 13:32:54 MST 2014

Hi Jonas, failure of the cam and lifters in any engine can have some very
nasty consequences. The flakes of metal shed from the cam are typically very
hard and invariably manage to get past the oil filter and eventually travel
with the oil to every bearing surface in the engine.
My experience has been that to avoid damage to the rebuilt engine it is
essential that every oil gallery plug is removed from the block and the head
and the galleries are thoroughly flushed; I found this out the hard
(expensive) way!!!

Michael S
BN1 #174