[Healeys] stator tube

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 05:54:22 MDT 2014

Hi Ira,
Although it is easiest to install the stator tube and harness at the same
time it is certainly possible to get the harness into an installed stator
tube.
I do the job by threading a length of thin wire up from the bottom. (happen
to have a reel of 0.057" copper wire that I keep just for this job).
I then use a timber hitch knot to attach the wire to the harness wires
below the insulation and then wrap the last 6" or so of the harness,
including the piece of copper wire  in a thin layer of masking tape to
prevent the bullet ends from flipping over.
Having an assistant help guide the harness down the column and into the
stator tube while I gently pull on the wire is usually successful.
You should not have to pull hard and if things get stuck pull the harness
back up, reorganize the bullet ends and start again.
Based upon all the other obstacles that you have overcome this should be a
walk in the park!!

Michael S
BN1 #174