[Healeys] windshield wiper switch

Tom ah3000me at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 17:33:22 MDT 2014

Hi,

I got caught in the rain last week with my 66 BJ8, and I found myself
wrestling with a tempermental windshield wiper switch.

Back in the garage, I found that spraying a bit of electric contact cleaner
down the front of the switch will make it work properly.  The switch made a
sharp click noise when turned on or off, and the wipers turned on or off as
they should.   But a half-hour later, there's no noise when I turn the
switch to the on position, and the wipers do not work.

Can these switches be cleaned and made to work properly?

thanks,

Tom