[Healeys] handles

I Erbs eyera3000 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 13:34:37 MDT 2014

Very interesting impromptu survey on vendors. Most folks like Healey
Surgeons, some off list shared negative stories and about other vendors. I
think we all have a mixed bag of experiences and have our favorites. My
biggest issue is with vendors who do not call or email back in a timely
fashion. To me that is the most frustrating. I have called and emailed a
couple of folks looking for info to buy their products and have not heard
back.
 That said, I found a very good handle for the driver's side and enough
decent parts to build the off side one. I dropped that one off at my buddy
who rebuilt the ill fitting units. So in this case failure to notify me
resulted in fixing the issue myself. One vendor did reply fairly quickly
but I have not heard back on the source of the handle other than England.
My punch list is getting smaller. I also found the speedo cable that went
with the Smitty kit. It's sketchy, but at least I can button up my tranny
cover. I am working on converting the hole to the sideshift into a cup
holder.
I have not checked to see if the forward position of the radiator will
interfere with the bonnet when I close it. I thought of that at 3:00 AM
when I was going over what I still need to do by this weekend. I want to be
able to drive the car around town next week before we try and drive it to
Bend. Fortunately, Bend is within my extended tow range to my house for AAA
:(
Thanks to all who replied with + and - stories.
Cheers

Ira Erbs
Portland, OR