[Healeys] Smitty Speedo cable

Per Schoerner per at schoerner.se
Mon Jun 9 04:14:53 MDT 2014

Ira
Be careful with flexing fans that are so close to the radiator. I've
seen a texas cooler flex. It is easy, just rev the engine. If it is that
close to the radiator it will hit the radiator when you rev the engine.
I replaced mine with a fan from an old BMW that I happened to have on
the shelf. It looks just as the one sold by Denis Welsh. Also beware of
the original fan, they can crack and when they do a fan blade will find
it's way through the bonnet at best.
The radiator can be moved somewhat to the front, or you can move the
whole engine/transmission assembly somewhat to the rear, to make the
situation better, but best is to replace the fan with something that
doesn't flex.

Per