[Healeys] Right-Hand Drive Steering Box Needed

wilkmanracing at aol.com wilkmanracing at aol.com
Mon Jun 2 08:44:55 MDT 2014

 I received the following email from a chap in New Zealand. Can anyone help?
Please contact him directly.

Bill Wilkman

I am restoring a 1954 Austin Healey 100 model BN1.  I want to buy a good used
Right Hand steering box housing.  Burman Douglas steering boxes were used in
A70, A90, Austin Atlantic & A110.  I am told that there are differences
between these boxes, but this may apply to the steering worm only. The Healey
sports cars had fewer turns lock to lock than the saloon cars, ie they had a
steeper pitched worm.    I expect to fit a new steering peg and worm unless I
can source a steering box known to fit the Austin Healey 100.
The photo shows the original left hand Burman steering box.
Please contact me if you have or know of a RH Burman steering box for sale.

Thanks,

Dennis Nisbet
ph: 04 475 7413.
6 Glen Road