[Healeys] Dual Throat SUs

Dean Caccavo healeybn7 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 31 15:56:49 MDT 2014

Interesting discussion on the SUs.

We have a 61 Warwick GT that is fitted with a period built TR3 Tunex Stage II engine.  This was the only Tunex 4 cylinder engine that was built for Warwick Cars (Bernie Rogers Developments).  They could barely afford the one.  8mm film and photos of the original engine shows it with a pair of SU DU6 carbs.

When their racing campaign ended, the engine was de-tuned and installed into a customer car (our car).  As I understand it the only modification was to remove the SU DU6 carbs and replace them with off the shelf TR3 carbs.   I wish I was the one to take them off - at least I would have a pair as they are impossible to fine, and look wonderful.

Dean