[Healeys] Dual-Throat S.U's

Patrick & Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Wed Jul 30 19:05:52 MDT 2014

G'day

Some years back I interviewed a gentleman by the name of Bill Bressington
who was the proprietor of SU Midel here in Australia
(http://www.sumidel.com) During the course of the interview I asked him
about the DU6 that were once fitted to my car and he said that he could make
me a set at around $2,000 per carburettor. I just laughed as it was way past
my budget. Sadly Bill is no longer with us buy his sons Adam and Grant are
now at the helm of SU Midel.

I have seen DU6 carbs on Coventry Climax FPF engines right up to the 2.5
litre versions that were made here in Australia by Repco and used in the
early years of the Tasman Series ('64 -'69), prior to the 2.5 litre Repco
V8, Ford DFV, BRM engines coming on stream. However the prettiest
application I have seen was on a 1935 Riley Imp.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Blue Mountains, Australia