[Healeys] OD

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 10:38:49 MDT 2014

Hi Kenny, although it is possible that the throttle switch is causing the
problem I think it is unlikely as the dash switch effectively parallels the
throttle switch so, as long as the dash switch is on, the throttle switch
should have no effect.
I would start by trying the same test while holding the gear lever to the
right. It could be that the engine, when producing more power, is moving
over sufficiently to open the gear lever switch contacts.
I have also encountered the same problem when the overdrive oil pressure is
getting down. In those cases the overdrive would partially disengage
producing a "neutral" effect, as if you had dropped the box out of gear.

Michael S
BN1 #174