[Healeys] Lock clips?

Fred Wescoe fredwescoe at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 19:31:30 MDT 2014

I had to replace a universal joint on my BJ7 and when I removed the locking
clips, on the drive flange bolts, the locking ears broke off.

I have been looking all over the net for a source and so far I have not
been able to locate anything, including the correct name of what I am
looking for.

I ordered part "# 12-539, washer" from Victoria British but no one there
was able to confirm if this "washer" was the locking tab type that I need.
Moss does not list themas far as I can tell nor does LBC.

Does anyone have a source for these clips/washers or at least the correct
name for them?

Or, should I simply use nuts and lock washer with lock tight or the nylon
lock nuts or use double nuts on the bolts?

Thanks in advance,

Fred
63 BJ7