[Healeys] HD8 jet needle position

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat Jul 19 14:19:02 MDT 2014

Bottom of the groove should be even with bottom of piston; i.e. groove is hidden.  BTW, it makes a fairly significant
difference in mixture; I had mine wrong--top of groove at bottom of piston--and when I 'fixed' it I had to readjust the
mixture, IIRC it took about a half-turn of the mixture screws.

re: "what is the best way to adjust the pin that fits the forked lever ...on the throttle shaft?"

Not sure I understand this question, but the linkage from the shaft on the manifold to the two throttle shafts is
adjustable. The carbs' shafts are independent, the key is to get them to both lift the same, and that is accomplished by
loosening the screws that clamp the the pins which are inside the two forks--maybe this is the question?--and adjust
until the airflow is the same off-idle (best done with a carb synchronizer like UniSyn IMO).

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net