[Healeys] Aluminum vs Copper/Brass Radiator?

warthodson at aol.com warthodson at aol.com
Tue Jul 15 14:19:25 MDT 2014

About 6 years ago I was evaluating purchasing a new aluminum radiator vs.
re-coring my original radiator with a new high efficiency copper core. I ask
Dennis Welch what their aluminum radiator weighed. I do not recall the actual
weights but the difference in weight between the new aluminum radiator & my
original radiator with original core was only approx. 2-3 Lbs.
I chose to have my original radiator re-cored & am very happy with the
improvement & I prefer the look of the original header tank with the Coventry
Radiator data plate.
Gary Hodson