[Healeys] Portland Historic Races

richard mayor mayorrichard at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 13 15:35:34 MDT 2014

Sadly, the Portland Historic Races under the current leadership of HMSA
continues it's decline into a non-event. For many years this event had entries
of almost 300 cars. Today, that is, this weekend, the entry list was a meager
90 cars.  This is fewer cars then during the recession. There are a number of
reasons for this decline in participation, but I will not go into that on this
forum.  Suffice it to say, I am also one of the non-participants, even though
the track (Portland International Raceway) is a mere 10 miles from my home.