[Healeys] British Motor Car Industry

Kent McLean kentmclean at comcast.net
Tue Jul 8 15:39:33 MDT 2014

Bob Spidell wrote:
> Hey, we invent the stuff, you expect us to use it too???
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Cooper_%28inventor%29

On a related off-topic note, I was surprised to learn that actress Hedy
Lamarr, regarded by some as "the most beautiful [woman] ever to appear
in films", had a hand in wireless phones.

 From Wikipedia,
"Her most significant technological contribution was her co-invention,
together with composer George Antheil, of an early technique for spread
spectrum communications and frequency hopping, which paved the way for
today's wireless communications."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedy_Lamarr
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001443/

--