[Healeys] Overdrive

fogbro1 at comcast.net fogbro1 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 7 18:24:51 MDT 2014

Fred,

Did you align the splines by eyeball or did you use a dummy shaft or even a spare o/d shaft to align them?

Did you pass the mainshaft through both sets of splines prior to assembly of the overdrive , just to make sure everything fit?

Was this overdrive a unit before you rebuilt it, or was it a bunch of parts?

The only time I ever has a problem like the one you describe was when the splines simply would not accept the overdrive shaft. That's why I always test both pieces on the shaft before I assemble the overdrive.

I'd strongly suggest you prove that the splines are aligned and undamaged by the use of a dummy shaft, not eyesight.

Ed Woods