[Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 6, Issue 281

editorgary at aol.com editorgary at aol.com
Sun Jul 6 17:10:53 MDT 2014

 Just to clarify for my own understanding.

I think what Pat is saying is that if the vehicle was called a "Healey 100" --
of which there was only 1, and then for only a very short time until the
portentious meeting at Earls Court between Donald and Len Lord -- it was not a
BN1.

But I'm pretty sure that the very first "Austin-Healey 100s" that were
produced and distributed for shows and to dealers, etc. were certainly BN1s,
because those were the first three characters of the number on the car number
plate.

When there was a Healey 100 there was no such thing as a BN1. Such model
designations as BN1 through to BJ8 were given by BMC as they were part of the
Corporations designation system.

Hoo Roo